Welcome to Olivia Plum Jewelry

Thanks for stopping by!

This blog is a work in progress so be sure to check back often. I'll be posting my latest creations once completed. Everything I post is for sale so if you see something you like, shoot me an email. If an item is marked as sold, I might be able to recreate so just ask!

If you're interested in hosting a jewelry party, send me an email. Make it a Girls Night In!

I make custom pieces too! Tell me what you like and we can create something together.


If you're addicted to Pinterest like I am (which I'm sure you are), follow me!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 30, 2012

Homemade light box

I had suffered through one too many rainy, yucky weekends.  I was getting anxious to post pictures of the latest OPJ pieces.  I decided to look into making my own light box since I wasn't interested in spending money on purchasing a "professional" one.  The sun wasn't showing any signs of coming out, so I googled images of "homemade light box" and got a pretty good idea of how to make one on the cheap.

All you need is:
  • Medium sized cardboard box
  • Scissors or x-acto knife
  • Tissue paper
  • Poster board
  • Glue/tape
  • Daylight light bulbs
  • Adjustable light fixture (ie desk lamp)
I had a lot of this stuff laying around the house, so it was very inexpensive.
Before
After
 Check out this tutorial by Rob Smith - Click HERE.

The key is to purchase the right bulbs and daylight is the way to go.  If you use regular bulbs, you'll have a yellow tint to everything.

While I will always prefer to photograph in natural light, sometimes Mother Nature has other plans.  Check out the latest pieces shot in my homemade light box.




 

The colors are pretty true to what they are in real life, however, I'm still working through the shadowing issue and glare.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments!